How to make a time machine

Have some nice and educational presentation or experiment you want to share? You please may consider giving us a glance of it here
liquidhandwash

How to make a time machine

Post by liquidhandwash »

I've made a time machine from a microwave, I would like to see if anyone can replicate the results. You will need a microwave and a stopwatch. and it can only transport you 39 seconds into the future. It works on every microwave I've tried so far your results may differ.
First, put a cup of water in the microwave, and take a baseline reading with a stopwatch. Type in 99 seconds into the microwave and hit start on the stopwatch and the microwave at the same time. Stop the watch when it beeps you should get a read of 99 seconds or 1 minute and 39 seconds or close to it.
Now type in 100 seconds to the microwave and start the watch and microwave at the same time you should get a reading of 60 seconds, when the microwave beeps. Congratulations you have been transported 39 seconds into the future as the microwave beeped at 100 seconds, but to you and your watch, only 60 seconds have passed.
enjoy!
Last edited by liquidhandwash on Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orngrimm
Site Admin

Re: How to make a time machine

Post by Orngrimm »

Do NOT and i repeat, DO NOT put electronics or metals inside a microwave.
Also, this is not a prank-board and timetravel like this is not a thing.

Most likely you entered 99 seconds like "nine, nine" in your mw and the mw has only 2 digits, therefore seconds. So 99 seconds which gives truly 1min 39sec.
With the 100, well... i think you hit 1 then 0 then 0 and your mw interpretes this as 1:00 as it has 3 digits.
Builder of stuff, creator of things, inventor of many and master of none.
Tinkerer by heart, archer by choice and electronics engineer by trade.
liquidhandwash

Post by liquidhandwash »

err... A bit of lost in translation? just trying to be funny, No one thinks its a real time machine :-)
Dotor Who

Post by Dotor Who »

Hi liquidhandwash just wondering if you can confirm for me about your time machine theory i am bit puzzeled as to what ive done wrong, i managed to time jump 10 sec but my microwave is now dead im wondering if you used a quartz digital watch or a mechanical watch as i used a digital and im convinced that the microwaves affect the electronics so i think i will stick with my phone booth i cant afford the cost of replacing microwaves.
Dotor Who

Post by Dotor Who »

Hi liquidhandwash the kitchen inside my phonebooth is now on fire, i tried a smaller microwave inside a bigger one and that made matters worse!!!!
liquidhandwash

Post by liquidhandwash »

Im impressed that you have a kitchen in your phone booth
Jack A Lopez

Post by Jack A Lopez »

There was this one time, I thought a microwave oven was trying to start a conversation with me. It said, "Hi."

I said, "Hi" back, but then I realized what the oven was saying, uh displaying, was just a message about its current power setting, "High Power" but abbreviated as "Hi."
Downunder35m

Post by Downunder35m »

Funny thing about your time machine is that used this stuff for a few years now to confuse people, especially at work.
You know...
Things like "I prefer to cook my meal for 6 minutes and 90 seconds becase after 7 and a half minutes it is too hot.....
I really love how the faces of people change when do these things....
First you see utter confusion, then they start to think about possible difference.
Once they finally realise it is all the same they usually don't even bother to say anything anymore ROFL
Exploring the works of the old inventors, mixng them up with a modern touch.
To tinker and create means to be alive.
Bringing the long lost back means history comes alive again.