Easter egg hunt

Want just to talk with no particular topic found here? Hang out with the others, have a glass of virtual lemonade and enjoy the time
liquidhandwash

Easter egg hunt

Post by liquidhandwash »

I've been making an easter egg hunt for the students for a couple of years off and on, (not to be confused with a chocolate egg hunt) now we are back in lockdown I thought I might put a few more out for the kids to find when they come back. I just did a web search and found a few cool easter eggs but I'm up for some new ideas. I found a "Nathalia rocks" rock, Looks like someone in the area has the same idea, great fun for the kids.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/427370074742158/
I've put a number of items around the school for the kids to find, usually out of reach or bolted to the ground so they cant be taken. You have to stand in the right place to see them, On the roof hiding there is spider pig from the Simpsons, Scrat from ice age holding his nuts, a squirrel with a gun trying to take his nuts, A flying monkey from Wizard of OZ a 3D printed Trex skull, A turtle, dog, squirrel and a rat using laptops and a large 3d printed toilet on a spinning roof vent which came off in a wind storm Ill have to put it back up. In the Garden, there is a Trex Skelton and a large metal spider bolted to a tree
I came across this website which is great https://petsreporter.com/these-lucky-pe ... r-eggs/50/
but if anyone has any ideas for something new...
I'll have to take some photos and post them when I get a chance, I did love this one
Downunder35m

Re: Easter egg hunt

Post by Downunder35m »

The "worst" easter egg hunt of the traditional kind happened when we had snow over easter...
Rare enough but for some reason my grandparents thought it would be funny to hide unpainted white eggs on the snow for me...
In hindsight it was funny though - for them LOL

A different kind of hunt happened when our trade school organised a family day.
While the adults were busy at the BBQ the smaller kids needed something to do.
And by smaller I literally mean any age from about 6 to 16....
Our teachers and some of us created lots of boxes with a little padlock.
Some boxes contained little prices, other hints to the location of keys.
And those keys....
Let's say there were plenty for the little kids to find but only too often boxes contained only hints the older ones could make sense of.
But every key was placed inside one of these plastic containers inside Kinder suprise eggs - don't ask how many we had to eat please...
And those little yelow "eggs" were placed in the most unlogical places and often inside other things.
I remember one particular hint that stated:
There is a key right in front of you!
Was the key that took the longest time to find because it was sitting right under the box....
Another one was in a fake rock in the rock garden bed.....
The hint for it was "When you see the only red rose the key will stand out!"
Only problem was the lack of any plants in the garden bed....
Just rocks - but there was a picture of a red rose visible through a window....
And right under that window was a "rock" that was longer and "standing" up....

I love those bugs though and wonder how many people would actually spot the special bug unless they know there is one...
Anyway, I read a story a few years ago where some geo-taggers used fake rocks to hide the treasure or list to sign but also asked people to bring their own fake rocks and to switch them.
If you aim to find things to hide it might be helpful to know the size we are talking about.
The beetle in the pic is a perfect example ;)
Often things can hide in plain sight because our brains loves to fill in blanks for us.
Like when you know there is one open circle with the opening in a different direction in the pic but your brain won't let it find you with ease...
In a sandpit you won't really see a box with pictures of sand glued onto the sides either, espically not if only the top is visible and the edges covered with a bit of sand...
Exploring the works of the old inventors, mixng them up with a modern touch.
To tinker and create means to be alive.
Bringing the long lost back means history comes alive again.
liquidhandwash

Post by liquidhandwash »

Thanks Downunder, I can't go to work at the moment to take photos as we are in lockdown, I just bought a waving cat you see in Asian restaurants, which I going to hide in the rafters of one of the outdoor seating areas.
Downunder35m

Post by Downunder35m »

That is almost mean LOL
No one ever bothers to look up there, I like the idea already :)
Exploring the works of the old inventors, mixng them up with a modern touch.
To tinker and create means to be alive.
Bringing the long lost back means history comes alive again.